In March we will open a sous chef role in our team at Godthåbsvej coffee shop.
We are a coffee roastery (est. 2007) with six coffee shops and our own green coffee import in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Creating the best coffee experiences in the world in ways that bring better returns to the farmers is what drives us. We focus on sustainability and transparency from seed to cup. We aim to set new standards for the coffee industry both in how we trade, employ, brew and serve. And simultaneously we want to stay curious for what all coffee can be.
The sous chef position is fully on-bar role and offers 37 hours per week (4-5 shifts per week) in Monday-Sunday rotating schedule.
- Barista shifts
- Shift leading in cooperation with bar manager
- Checking of coffee quality on daily basis
- Educating staff in cooperation with bar manager
- Inventory and ordering of goods
- Every other weekend coordinating sick shifts
- Performing and checking daily cleaning
- Contributing to the ongoing work of sustainability in the coffee shops
What You get out of it!:
- The chance to join an amazing team of baristas that love to share their passion for the craft (and expect the same from you)
- Get to work with some of the best tasting and transparently sourced coffees in the world
- A chance to build a long-term career in coffee
- Good working conditions, pension, six weeks of vacation per year
- Work for a B-Corp certified company
- Continuous chance to participate in our Barista Development Programme, talks and other social activities
- A chance to get trained for coffee competitions if you are driven to do so (we have facilities, equipment and knowledge to share)
What are we looking for?
- Doer mentality
- A keen interest in leading a team in cooperation with bar manager
- Enjoying performing service at the highest level and communicating the wonderful world of coffee to our guests (Speak Danish or English at a high level)
- Getting a kick out of being an awesome colleague
- A keen interest in building a career within the coffee industry
- Has a European passport or have a valid work VISA for Denmark
- Minimum age 18 years
Send your application and CV to email@example.com with subject line: Sous chef Godthåbsvej.
(Applications are welcome in Danish or English).
The deadline for applications is the 30th January. The position is expected to start in the beginning of March 2023.