We are looking for someone with a strong foundation in baking, who enjoys communication and knowledge sharing, has a strong team mentality, and is motivated to support the vision of Coffee Collective. As the Head Baker you will become part of an existing management team and refer to our Head of Production.
Read more about the role below!
- You have a strong foundation in baking.
- You have experience and curiosity about working with sourdough, wild yeast and long fermentation.
- You are curious and motivated to explore exceptional coffee experiences through combining coffee and baked goods.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are motivated by teaching and knowledge sharing.
- You have a team focus.
- You have strong organizational skills and are good at planning ahead.
- You are motivated to take part in growing our bakery production to match the overall growth of Coffee Collective.
- 4-5 shifts per week; 3 bakery (sections), 2 office / admin / training / developmental projects.
- Ensuring quality of baked goods.
- Overall management and organization of the workflow of the bakery production.
- Become part of an existing management team consisting of the Head of Production, two production sous chefs and one FOH sous chef.
- Trouble shooting
- Producing and planning of the bakery menu for Coffee Collective coffee bars and bakery sale
- Calculating recipes + cost price
- Implementing new recipes - with sous chefs
- Developing the craft and skills of employees
- Sharing feedback
- Staffing needs - with Head of Production
- Shift scheduling - with Head of Production
- Ordering - with Sous Chefs
- Building and maintaining relationships with producers
- Sourcing produce
- Development of Bakery menu to support the creation of exceptional coffee experiences
- Contact point for baked goods quality for all departments
- Contact point for other departments when the Head of Production is away
- Continuous work on improving the sustainability of the bakery
Is this something for you then please send us your application and CV at email@example.com writing “Head Baker (barselsvikariat)” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is 22nd of October.
We will invite candidates for interviews the following week and expect to start the position latest December 1st 2023. However, the sooner the start the better.